1857: Incorporated into the Industrial School of Rochester.
1858: Moved to former residence of Mrs. Albert G. Smith at 133 Exchange St.; remained here for nearly 100 years.
1867: Supported by the State Orphan Asylum Fund.
1918: Became one of the original 36 local agencies to receive funds from the newly founded Rochester Community Chest, forerunner of United Way of Greater Rochester.
1924: Vocational training ends and name changed to Rochester Children’s Nursery.
1954: Relocated to four-acre site on South Avenue, building of new facility.
1957: Carriage house on site renovated to add a school-age program.
1968: One story multi-classroom building erected adjoining the former Carriage House which was used as a kindergarten.
1981: Special education program launched.
1982: Family child care support services added as a program.
2004: Capital campaign funds expansion with two additional classrooms, a special-education wing and new offices and entrance.
2006: Rochester Children’s Nursery becomes Rochester Childfirst Network.
2007: Celebration of 150th year anniversary.
2009: Nurturing Communities program with Monroe Community College is piloted for young mothers and their babies.
2014: RCN Center City location opens to the public.