Open 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM
RCN Center City is located in the Sibley Building on E. Main Street, providing quality early care and education to children ages 6 weeks to 3 years.
Center City uses a Reggio Emilia inspired curriculum for all age groups. Each child is an active learner engaging with materials, the environment, peers and adults. Hands on, meaningful projects are individualized to meet each child’s interests and needs. These in-depth studies of concepts, ideas and interests may last a day to a couple of months. Children have the opportunity to work individually, in small groups and large groups throughout their day. Parents/Families play an important role in the program and are partners in their child’s learning.
Some activities you may find your child engaged in:
- Painting with primary colors at an easel and watching the colors change.
- Watering and taking care of plants that they planted.
- Exploring light using flashlights, overhead projectors, etc.
- Building with unconventional materials and describing what they are creating.
- Touching, poking and manipulating clay.
- Looking through magnifying glasses at an insect they found outside.
- Tapping, hitting and playing a variety of musical instruments.