Why Choose RCN
RCN puts kids first – and has since its opening in 1857.
As a recognized leader in childhood education, RCN provides a network of valued services for area child care providers and educators.
Our teachers and staff are amazing! Most have been part of the RCN family for ten years or more. Just peek into any classroom, and you’ll see learning at play, thanks to the gentle guidance of inspired, caring, experienced teachers.
As diverse as the universe, RCN has a great mix of kids for all cultures, all background, all abilities.
Our campus is kid-friendly. Inside you’ll see art, not walls. Outside you’ll find great places for young imaginations to romp and run on 4+ park-like acres.
Our teachers provide a safe and nurturing environment while promoting the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development of young children.
You will find:
* frequent, positive, warm interactions among adults and children
* planned learning activities appropriate to a child's age and development, such as block building, painting, reading stories, dress-up, and active outdoor play
* specially trained teachers who facilitate intrinsic learning through play
* positive guidance from teachers assisting social problem solving between peers
* enough adults to respond to individual children
* many varied age-appropriate materials that allow for open ended experimentation
* a healthy and safe environment for children that is set up for exploration
* nutritious meals and/or snacks approved by the federal CACFP program
* regular communication with parents who are welcome visitors at all times
* effective administration who are open to your input
* ongoing, systematic observation and evaluation
RCN is nationally accredited by Pathways.