6 Months to 12 Years
The Universal Pre-Kindergarten Program (UPK) is funded by New York State for Rochester City School District residents who have children ages 3 and 4.
Rochester Childfirst Network is...
RCN believes that children come first – and has since its opening in 1857. Just peek into any classroom, and you’ll see learning at play, thanks to the gentle guidance of inspired, caring, experienced teachers!
As a recognized leader in childhood education, RCN provides a network of valued services for area early care and education professionals and educators.
As diverse as the universe, RCN has a great mix of kids for all cultures, all background, all abilities–A true reflection of our neighborhood and community.
Our teachers and staff are amazing! Our teachers provide a safe nurturing environment while promoting the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development of young children.
Our campus is child-friendly. Inside you’ll see art, not walls. Outside you’ll find great places for young imaginations to romp and run on 4+ park-like acres. Our outdoor spaces are in design with Environmental Design & Research!
Our teachers provide a safe and nurturing environment while promoting the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development of young children.
You Will Find
- Frequent, positive, warm interactions between adults and children
- Planned learning activities appropriate to a child’s age and development, such as block building, painting, reading stories, dress-up, and active outdoor play
- Specially trained teachers who facilitate intrinsic learning through play
- Positive guidance from teachers assisting social problem solving between peers
- Enough adults to respond to individual children
- Many varied age-appropriate materials that allow for open ended experimentation
- A healthy and safe environment for children that is set up for exploration
- Nutritious meals and/or snacks approved by the federal CACFP program
- Regular communication with parents who are welcome visitors at all times
- Effective administration who are open to your input
- Ongoing, systematic observation and evaluation
- Developmentally appropriate activities that promote confidence and self-esteem
What Parents Say
Since being at RCN, I’ve changed in the ways I react and respond to things my child says and does. I’m still a work in progress, but life is much better than it was before RCN!
My husband and I were searching for a childcare center that would teach our son to be kind to others, offer to be helpful, have listening ears. Because of RCN, you have taught us as parents to instill in our son amazing skills and everyday traits that will take him through his educational development.
Thank you, RCN, for teaching our son to be a wonderful young boy and a bright, smart SHINING star!
I love how RCN is so inclusive and willing to work with the entire family…our daughter will succeed in Kindergarten with the extra support and tools instilled by RCN. Thank you!