- Fostering relationships that promote a sense of belonging and collaboration.
- Providing predictable schedules that reduce the anxiety and uncertainty that can sometime cause children to struggle with behavior.
- Reviewing behavioral expectations and rules frequently using visuals , songs, and activities so that children are aware of what is expected of them, ensuring school readiness.
- Providing the supports needed for each child individually, in a way that will allow them to be successful in their classroom setting. (e.g.: visual timers, individual picture schedules, weighted objects, breaks when needed, specialized seating, scripted stories, etc…)
- Ongoing team reflection, peer coaching and positive reinforcement.
- For more information please review:
Addressing Challenging Behaviors through Social Emotional Skill Development
The entire staff at RCN is committed to implementing a School Wide Positive Behavior Intervention and Support program for ourselves and for our students. Our Professional Development focus will be on building strong classroom and agency wide strategies including: